Sunday, August 15, 2010

Reflecting On The Past 2 Seasons



Looking back at the start of my blog and reflecting on my original experiment, as well as the end results, I was floored by my produce at harvest time from my Winter 2009 and Spring 2010 Gardens. For pictures of the results, please go to posts from January-March 2010.

When planting my Winter Garden in October 2009, I was 4 months pregnant and desperate to find some clarity and balance through my garden, as I ventured into this next parental phase in my life. I had been told many times before that Biodynamic Gardening produced amazing results. Of course, their are layers of depth to the process of Biodynamic Gardening, in which I only touched upon a few. However, I still feel I came out at the end with beautiful, large, lush produce that we, as a family, ate for months. And, after growing some of these leafy greens, veggies and roots in the past and then planting them this year with the North American Biodynamic Sowing and Planting Calendar 2009 by Maria Thun, I was really able to see a vast difference in the health and size of my final produce. Was it because of following this Calendar and parts of the Biodynamic approach or was it luck?

The best way to compare would be to NOT plant my Winter Garden 2010 and Spring Garden 2011 with the calendar and then compare the two Winter/Spring gardens final outcomes. I plan on planting my Winter Garden around the same time as last year, Mid-October. I will continue to update you as I prepare for this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment